(b) A charter review committee shall:
(1) Elect officers from committee members;
(2) Adopt rules;
(3) Prepare a budget; and
(4) Conduct public hearings;
(c) A charter review committee may:
(1) Create subcommittees and working groups to include other government officials and diverse public representatives;
(2) Prepare a written charter;
(3) Employ staff;
(4) Contract with consultants;
(5) Work with agencies of affected local governments; and
(6) Engage in other activities necessary to facilitate the intent of this chapter.
(d) A majority of committee members is a quorum for transaction of business and adopting the charter.
(e) Vacancies on the charter review committees shall be filled in the same manner as provided for in this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.