(1) "County commission" means the governing body of a county of this state;
(2) "Development expenditures" means payments for governmental functions, programs, activities, facility construction, improvements and other goods and services which a district board is authorized to perform or provide under section five of this article;
(3) "District" means an economic opportunity development district created pursuant to this article;
(4) "District board" means a district board created pursuant to section ten of this article; and
(5) "Eligible property" means any taxable or exempt real property located in a district established pursuant to this article.
(6) "Remediation" means measures undertaken to bring about the
reconditioning or restoration of property located within the
boundaries of an economic opportunity development district that has
been affected by exploration, mining, industrial operations or
solid waste disposal and which measures, when undertaken, will
eliminate or ameliorate the existing state of the property and
enable the property to be commercially developed.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.