(1) Make and adopt all necessary bylaws, rules and regulations for its organization and operations not inconsistent with law;
(2) Elect its own officers, appoint committees and employ and fix compensation for personnel necessary for its operation;
(3) Enter into contracts with any person, agency, governmental department, firm or corporation, including both public and private corporations, and renew, amend or supplement such contracts;
(4) Generally do any and all things necessary or convenient for the purpose of improving fire service protection within the area to be served;
(5) Borrow money, apply for, receive and use grants-in-aid, donations and contributions from any source or sources and accept and use bequests, devises, gifts and donations from any person, firm or corporation;
(6) Raise funds by the issuance and sale of revenue bonds in the manner provided by law;
(7) Formulate and present a petition for funds to the county commission: Provided, That not more than one percent of such funds be used for purposes other than the prioritized needs of the member departments;
(8) Purchase or otherwise acquire, own, hold, sell and dispose of real and personal property; and
(9) Expend its funds in the execution of the powers and authority herein given, which expenditures, by the means authorized herein, are hereby determined and declared as a matter of legislative finding to be for a public purpose and use, in the public interest and for the general welfare of the people of West Virginia.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.