(1) "Expressway" means a road that serves major intrastate and interstate travel, including federal interstate routes.
(2) "Feeder" means a road that serves community to community travel or collects and feeds traffic to the higher systems or both.
(3) "Maintenance association" means an association established pursuant to the requirements of this article.
(4) "Maintenance association member" means any person owning residential property that fronts on either side of a road which is designated by a maintenance association document.
(5) "Maintenance association documents" means documents approved by the county commission as meeting the requirements of this article and filed with the clerk of the county commission.
(6) "Park and forest road" means a road that serves travel within state parks, state forests and public hunting and fishing areas.
(7) "Public roads" means all roads and bridges under the control of the county commission or the governing body of a municipality.
(8) "State local service road" means localized arterial and spur roads which provide land access and socioeconomic benefits to abutting properties.
(9) "State road" means and includes all roads classified and prescribed as either expressway, trunkline, feeder, park and forest or state local service" roads.
(10) "State road system" means roads that are functionally classified into five categories as follows: (1) Expressway; (2) trunkline; (3) feeder; (4) state local service; and (5) park and forest.
(11) "Trunkline" means a road that serves major city to city travel.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.