(b) With respect to development or redevelopment projects, the provisions of subsection (a), section fifteen, article ten, chapter sixty-one of this code do not apply to any person who, or person whose spouse, is a salaried employee of a project developer under a contract subject to the provisions of said subsection if the employee, his or her spouse or child:
(1) Is not a party to the contract;
(2) Is not an owner, a shareholder, a director or an officer of a private entity under the contract;
(3) Receives no commission, bonus or other direct remuneration or thing of value by virtue of the contract;
(4) Does not participate in the deliberations or awarding of the contract; and
(5) Does not approve, vote for or otherwise authorize the payment of public funds, including, but not limited to, tax increment revenues, pursuant to or as a result of the contract.
(c) Additionally, no member of the county commission or governing body of a municipality considering a development or redevelopment district or project plan, no member of the governing body of an agency proposing a development or redevelopment district or project plan, or any employee of the county, municipality or agency shall acquire any interest, direct or indirect, in any property in a development or redevelopment district or project area, or a proposed development or redevelopment district or project area, during the period of time between when the individual first obtains personal knowledge of the development or redevelopment district or project plan and the completion of the public hearing regarding the development or redevelopment district or project plan or on a date which the county commission or governing body of a municipality publicly announces that the development or redevelopment district or project plan is no longer under consideration.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.