(1) Promote the execution of the laws, the more effective management of the executive branch and of its agencies, boards and functions, and the expeditious administration of the public business;
(2) Reduce expenditures and promote economy to the fullest extent consistent with the efficient operation of state government;
(3) Increase the efficiency of the operations of state government to the fullest extent practicable;
(4) Group, coordinate and consolidate agencies and functions of state government, as nearly as may be, according to purposes;
(5) Consolidate or combine those agencies having similar or complementary functions under a single head, and, after observing and analyzing the operation of such consolidated or combined agencies for a period of time, abolish by legislative act, where legislative action is required, such agencies or functions thereof as are determined not to be necessary or desirable for the efficient conduct of the state government;
(6) Eliminate duplication of effort;
(7) Provide for appropriate legislative oversight as mandated in the constitution of this state; and
(8) Provide for a spirit of cooperation and unity between the executive and legislative branches in addressing and developing solutions to the problems facing the state.
(b) This chapter is enacted in view and because of the findings and declarations set forth in subsection (a) of this section and shall be construed in the light thereof.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.