(b) The council is composed of:
(1) Three state senators to be appointed by the president of the Senate, with one being designated as cochair;
(2) Three state delegates to be appointed by the speaker of the House, with one being designated as cochair;
(3) Two members representing coal operators' viewpoint to be appointed by the governor from a list of three nominees for each position submitted by the major trade association which represents coal operators accounting for over one half of the coal produced in mines in this state in the year prior to the year in which the appointment is to be made;
(4) Two members representing coal miners' viewpoint to be appointed by the governor from a list of three nominees for each position submitted by the highest ranking official within the major employee organization representing coal miners; and
(5) Two members who have knowledge of and experience in the field of coal technology to be appointed by the governor.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.