(b) Community assets to be identified pursuant to subsection (a) of this section may include the following:
(1) Water and wastewater services;
(2) Developable land for housing, commercial development or other community purposes;
(3) Recreation facilities and opportunities; and
(4) Education facilities and opportunities.
(c) The operator shall be required to prepare and submit to the office the information set forth in this subsection as follows:
(1) A map of the area for which a permit under article three, chapter twenty-two of this code is being sought or has been obtained;
(2) The names of the surface and mineral owners of the property to be mined pursuant to the permit; and
(3) A statement of the post-mining land use for all land which may be affected by the mining operations.
(d) In determining the nature and extent of the needed community assets, the office shall consider at least the following:
(1) An evaluation of the future of the community once mining operations are completed;
(2) The prospects for the long-term viability of any asset developed under this section;
(3) The desirability of foregoing some or all of the asset development required by this section in lieu of the requirements of section nine of this article; and
(4) The extent to which the community, local, state or the federal government may participate in the development of assets the community needs to assure its viability.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.