(1) An individual's home address;
(2) An individual's social security number;
(3) An individual's credit or debit card numbers;
(4) An individual's driver's license identification number; and
(5) An individual's marital status or maiden name.
(b) It is the policy of the state of West Virginia that the information enumerated in subsection (a) of this section is personal and confidential and should only be released to non-governmental entities for such purposes as are authorized by federal law or regulation, a provision of this code or a legislative rule promulgated pursuant to the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.