(a) "Agency" means any state department, division, office, commission, authority, board or other unit authorized by law to enter into contracts for the provision of goods or services;
(b) "Energy-conservation measures" means goods or services, or both, to reduce energy consumption operating costs of agency facilities. They include, but are not limited to, installation of one or more of the following:
(1) Insulation of a building structure and systems within a building;
(2) Storm windows or doors, caulking or weather stripping, multiglazed windows or doors, heat-absorbing or heat-reflective glazed and coated window or door systems, or other window or door modifications that reduce energy consumption;
(3) Automatic energy control systems;
(4) Heating, ventilating or air conditioning systems, including modifications or replacements;
(5) Replacement or modification of lighting fixtures to increase energy efficiency;
(6) Energy recovery systems;
(7) Cogeneration systems that produce steam or another form of energy for use by any agency in a building or complex of buildings owned by the agency; or
(8) Energy-conservation maintenance measures that provide long-term operating cost reductions of the building's present cost of operation.
(c) "Energy-savings contract" means a performance-based contract for the evaluation and recommendation of energy operations conservation measures and for implementation of one or more measures.
(d) "Qualified provider" means a person, firm or corporation experienced in the design, implementation and installation of energy-conservation measures.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.