(1) Department of Administration;
(2) Department of Education and the Arts;
(3) Department of Environmental Protection;
(4) Department of Health and Human Resources;
(5) Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety;
(6) Department of Revenue;
(7) Department of Transportation;
(8) Department of Commerce; and
(9) Effective July 1, 2011, Department of Veterans' Assistance.
(b) Each department will be headed by a secretary appointed by
the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate. Each
secretary serves at the will and pleasure of the Governor.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.