(1) "WVDO" means the West Virginia development office;
(2) "Employer" means an individual, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity that employs or plans to employ skilled workers;
(3) "Retraining and job upgrade" means the specialized training that is given to an identified level of employees to enable them to advance to a higher level of employment;
(4) "Program" means the West Virginia Guaranteed Work Force Program established pursuant to section three of this article;
(5) "Training" means custom-designed training given to employees or prospective employees of new or expanding businesses and industries within the state;
(6) "Training provider" means any persons, public or private educational institutions, agencies, companies or other entities that may be utilized for training or consultative services for an employer.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.