(b) Prior to an agency issuing an invitation for qualifications for public projects, the Board must determine that the public project is appropriate as a design-build project in accordance with all of the following:
(1) The agency has the appropriate legal authority to enter into a design-build contract;
(2) The agency requires a project design and construction time line that is faster than the traditional design-bid-build process would allow;
(3) The project requires close coordination of design and construction expertise or an extreme amount of coordination; (4) The agency requires early cost commitments;
(5) The agency provides a written plan for funding the project including, but not limited to, the funding necessary to pay for design services and construction costs; and
(6) The agency has completed and submitted a written application for approval to the Board and requested a meeting with the Board to present its request for approval from the Board.
(c) Upon project approval under subsection (b) of this section, the agency shall submit to the Board monthly reports detailing the progress of the approved project. The reports shall continue until the start of construction to ensure that the agency has complied with any requirements established by the Board in its approval of the project. If any requirement is not satisfied, the Board may withdraw its approval of the project at any time prior to the start of construction. If the Board withdraws its approval, the agency may not proceed with the project as a design-build project until the requirements set forth in the board's approval and the requirements of this article are met, as determined by the Board.
(d) On or before the first day of January of each year, the Board shall file an annual report with the Joint Committee on Government and Finance, and a copy of the report with the Legislative Librarian, setting forth a description of the projects approved during the preceding year, including copies of monthly monitoring reports submitted to the Board pursuant to subsection (c) of this section.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.