(b) A regulatory board review shall be performed on each regulatory board at least once every twelve years. A regulatory board may be subject to a compliance review pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(c) When a new regulatory board is created, a date for a regulatory board review shall be included in the act that creates the board, within twelve years of the effective date of the act.
(d) The regulatory board review may include:
(1) Whether the board complies with the policies and provisions of chapter thirty of this code and other applicable laws and rules;
(2) Whether the board follows a disciplinary procedure which observes due process rights and protects the public interest;
(3) Whether the basis or facts that necessitated the initial licensing or regulation of a profession or occupation have changed, or other conditions have arisen that would warrant increased, decreased or the same degree of regulation;
(4) Whether the composition of the board adequately represents the public interest and whether the board encourages public participation in its decisions rather than participation only by the industry and individuals it regulates;
(5) Whether statutory changes are necessary to improve board operations to enhance the public interest;
(6) An analysis of any other issues the committee or the joint standing committee may direct; and
(7) A recommendation as to whether the regulatory board under review should be continued, consolidated or terminated.
(e) The committee or the joint standing committee may vote on the recommendation as to whether the regulatory board under review should be continued, consolidated or terminated. Recommendations of the committee or the joint standing committee shall be given considerable weight in determining if an regulatory board should be continued, consolidated or terminated.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.