(b) The secretary of state may establish special procedures to allow absentee voting for those categories of registered voters who, because of special circumstances, would otherwise be unable to vote in the election.
(c) It is the duty of all officials designated to supervise and conduct absentee voting, other county officers, and all election commissioners and poll clerks to abide by the rules, regulations, orders and instructions and to use the forms, lists and records which may include or relate to:
(1) The consolidation of the two application forms provided for in this article into one form;
(2) The size and form of absent voter's ballot envelope nos. 1 and 2, and carrier envelopes;
(3) The information which is to be placed on absent voter's ballot envelope no. 1 and the forms and information which are to be placed on absent voter's ballot envelope no. 2;
(4) The forms and manner of making the challenges to absentee ballots authorized by this article;
(5) The forms of, information to be contained in, and consolidation of lists and records pertaining to applications for, and voting of, absentee ballots and assistance to persons voting absentee ballots;
(6) The supplying of application forms, envelopes, challenge forms, lists, records and other forms; and
(7) The keeping and security of voted absentee ballots in the office of the official designated to supervise and conduct absentee voting.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.