(1) A change of address form at the office of the clerk of the county commission or through any of the voter registration outreach services established pursuant to the provisions of section eight of this article;
(2) A state or federal mail registration form;
(3) A change of address form for driver licensing purposes;
(4) A change of address form for voter registration purposes at any authorized voter registration agency;
(5) A confirmation of change of address form received pursuant to the provisions of section twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six or twenty-seven of this article; or
(6) An affidavit of change of address at the polling place of the precinct in which the new residence is located on election day.
(b) Upon the receipt of any request for change of address as provided in subsection (a) of this section, the clerk shall enter the change, assign the proper county precinct number and, if applicable, assign the proper municipal precinct number, and issue an acknowledgement notice or mail that notice to the voter at the new address.
(c) When the clerk of the county commission receives notice that a voter may have moved from one residence to another within the county from the United States postal service or through state programs to compare voting registration records with records of other official state or county agencies which receive, update and utilize residence address information, the clerk shall enter the change of address onto the voter registration record and send the confirmation notice as prescribed in section twenty-six of this article.
(d) Any registered voter who changes his or her legal name through marriage or by order of the circuit court may file a request for change of address on the voter registration records by completing and signing, under penalty of perjury, as provided in section thirty-six of this article, and filing:
(1) Any voter registration application form authorized by this article; or
(2) An affidavit of change of legal name at the polling place on election day.
(e) Upon the receipt of any request for change of legal name as provided in subsection (d) of this section, the clerk shall enter the change and issue an acknowledgement notice or mail the notice to the voter.
(f) Any registered voter who desires to change his or her political party affiliation may do so by filing, no later than the close of voter registration for an election, any voter registration application form authorized by the provisions of this article. Upon receipt of a request for change of political party affiliation, the clerk shall enter the change and issue an acknowledgement notice or mail the notice to the voter.
(g) Any registered voter who finds an error in the information on his or her voter registration record may request a correction of the record by completing, signing and filing any voter registration form authorized by the provisions of this article, or an affidavit requesting such correction at the polling place on election day: Provided, That any voter who, in a primary election, alleges the party affiliation entered on the voter registration record at the polling place is incorrect and who desires to vote the ballot of a political party for which he or she does not appear to be eligible, may vote a challenged or provisional ballot of the desired political party: Provided, however, That the ballot may be counted in the canvass only if the original voter registration record contains a designation of such political party which has been filed no later than the close of registration for the primary election in issue.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.