Revenue from the following sources shall be deposited in the fund:
(1) All exploratory and qualifying contributions in excess of the established maximums;
(2) Money returned by participating or certified candidates who fail to comply with this article;
(3) Unspent or unobligated moneys allotted to certified candidates and remaining unspent or unobligated on the date of the general election for which the money was distributed;
(4) If a certified candidate loses, all remaining unspent or unobligated moneys after the primary election;
(5) Civil penalties levied by the State Election Commission against candidates for violations of this article;
(6) Civil penalties levied by the Secretary of State pursuant to section seven, article eight of this chapter;
(7) Voluntary donations made directly to the fund;
(8) Any interest income or other return earned on the money's investment;
(9) On or before July 1, 2010, and for two successive years thereafter, the State Auditor shall authorize the transfer of the amount of $1 million from the Purchasing Card Administration Fund established in section ten-d, article three, chapter twelve of this code to the fund created by this article;
(10) On or before July 1, 2015, the state Auditor shall authorize the transfer of the amount of $400,000 from the Purchasing Card Administration Fund established in section ten-d, article three, chapter twelve of this code to the fund created by this article; and,
(11) Money appropriated to the fund.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.