Charleston, WV- Chairman of the West Virginia State Senate Redistricting Task Force, Senator John Unger II, (D-Berkeley), announced today the dates and cities of informational meetings, designed to allow the Senate Redistricting Task Force to gather input from communities across the state.
“These meetings will allow the public to inform us in person about how they think their districts should be arranged,” said Chairman Unger. “We want to provide a forum for the public and local officials to express their concerns and make this process as open and transparent as possible.”
The following are the approved dates and cities:
1. May 4 (Wed) - Berkeley County, Martinsburg, WV
2. May 11 (Wed) - Ohio County, Wheeling, WV
3. May 18 (Wed) - Kanawha County, Charleston, WV
4. May 21 (Sat) - Marion County, Fairmont, WV
5. May 25 (Wed) - Mingo County, Williamson, WV
6. June 1 (Wed) - Raleigh County, Beckley, WV
7. June 8 (Wed) - Logan County, Chapmanville, WV
8. June 11 (Sat) - Cabell County, Huntington, WV
9. June 15 (Wed) - Wood County, Parkersburg, WV
10. June 25 (Sat) - Upshur County, Buckhannon, WV
Details for the first two meeting locations have been set, as follows:
#1 When: Wednesday, May 4th, 2011 at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Where: Berkeley County Courthouse 2nd Floor Courtroom 100 West King Street Martinsburg, WV 25401
#2 When: Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Where: Ohio County Courthouse 2nd Floor, City Council Chamber 1500 Chapline Street Wheeling, WV 26003
“These sites were chosen so that the various regions of the state will have an opportunity to participate,” said Chairman Unger.
Specific times and locations for the other meetings are forthcoming and will be announced as soon as they are determined.
Senator Unger may be contacted at (304) 357-7933.