|Date Requested:March 25, 2013
Time Requested:02:57 PM
| FUND(S) |
8854 HAVA Fund and 1615 Co. Assist Loan Repayment Fund
Sources of Revenue
Legislation creates:Neither Program nor Fund
Effect this measure will have on costs and revenues of state government.
| This measure will impact state cost in five areas:
1) Cost associated with updating poll workers video $4,500.
2) Cost to purchase and mail new CD to counties and cities $381.
3) Media Buys for Voter Education $1,663,499.
4) Production cost for TV and radio spots and newspaper Ad $13,000.
5) The printing of informational literature $98,500.
6) Cost of E-Poll Books $3,794,294
This change would result in an estimated increase cost of $4,742,424 in FY2014 and $831,750 in FY2016. There will be no additional revenue generated by the requirement for citizen to present a photo ID at the polls.
|Effect of Proposal||Fiscal Year|
|1. Estmated Total Cost||0||4,742,424||5,574,174|
|Repairs and Alterations||0||0||0|
|2. Estimated Total Revenues||0||0||0|
3. Explanation of above estimates (including long-range effect):
The increase in estimated cost is based on the following:
1) Update of a three minute poll worker training video at $500 per hour.
2) Mailing cost of new CD to 55 counties and 232 cities.
3) Statewide media campaign for the 30 days period before the primary and general elections in 2014 and 2016 to inform voters of new requirements.
4) Production cost for one 30 second TV spot, one 30 second radio spot and one newspaper ads.
5) Prison Industries print cost for 1,000,000 pieces of informational literature.
6) Sale quotes from Election Systems & Software for 1,911 E-Poll Books.
| The Media estimate represents a minimum buy that only includes Radio, TV and Newspapers, billboards.
The estimate does not include the cost of providing voter ID to citizens who do not have the required photo ID in the bill. The Department of Motor Vehicles will have to provide those estimates. The cost to the 55 County Clerk’s Offices including the yearly maintenance fees on the E-Poll Books are not included. Also, the cost of the state agencies to purchase hardware and develop software to interface and update the E-Poll Books are not included.
An excel spreadsheet is attached that provides a summary of all the costs and a detailed break down of all the media cost per media markets.