|Date Requested:February 17, 2009
Time Requested:02:54 PM
| FUND(S) |
0155 - General Revenue
Sources of Revenue
Legislation creates:A New Program
Effect this measure will have on costs and revenues of state government.
| Electronic Rule Filing will reduce expensive paper transfers of information, establish templates for formatting rules, publish rules online instantaneously and speed process between agencies, provide notification to website users that rules which may be of interest to them have been filed, and prevent agencies from filing outdated or incorrect versions of the rule.
This system will have connectivity with the agencies, boards and commissions, legislature, and the legislative rule making committee.
This E-Rule program will result in a savings to the State of approximately $100,000 per year.
Estimated total revenue not discernible at this time.
|Effect of Proposal||Fiscal Year|
|1. Estmated Total Cost||0||500,000||500,000|
|Repairs and Alterations||0||0||0|
|2. Estimated Total Revenues||0||0||0|
3. Explanation of above estimates (including long-range effect):
1. Personnel - Overtime expenses for two current staff members to convert rules to the correct format complying with new system) - $50,000
2. Infrastructure costs including equipment, software, and licensing - $85,000
3. Technology Enhancements - Design and install new computer application. Develop and implement the program and establish procedures including rules and security. Develop adequate database to insure full web-based access to data - $350,000
4. Training - Procedural Manual - This includes all rule making authorities (boards, commissions, legislative rule making committee, and state agencies) - $15,000