1. Call to order and roll call.
2. Approval of minutes from the meeting of September 13, 2011.
3. HCR84. Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance to conduct a study on the measures available to schools to address poor attendance
a. Cabell County’s Strategies for Improving Attendance and Reducing Dropouts
- Gerry Sawrey, Assistant Superintendent Cabell County Schools b. Report on the impact of policies, procedures, rulings, interpretations and other directives affecting the measures available to schools to address poor attendance
- Heather Deskins, General Council, WVDE
c. Status report on the Local Solution Dropout Prevention and Recovery Innovation Zone planning, application and grant process
- Michele Blatt, Ex. Dir., Office of School Improvement, WVDE
4. Other business.