Student Wellness Senator Erik Wells & Delegate Dave Pethtel
1. Call to order/roll call.
2. Assigned Subcommittee Study Topics (Staff).
● Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 33, Requesting Joint Committee on Government and Finance study public school health, nutrition and wellness programs.
● House Concurrent Resolution No. 107, Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance to conduct a study regarding the implementation of reproductive health education.
● House Concurrent Resolution No. 128, Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance to study the feasibility and benefits of requiring that an automated external defibrillator be placed in every public school.
● House Concurrent Resolution No. 129, Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance study interscholastic student athlete safety.
3. Coronary Artery Risk Detection In Appalachian Communities (CARDIAC) Project. The CARDIAC Project is a chronic disease risk surveillance and intervention initiative designed to combat the unacceptably high prevalence of heart disease and diabetes in West Virginia.
- Eloise Elliott, PhD, Ware Distinguished Professor, WVU School of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Morgantown, WV
4. Other business.