Senate Bill No. 544
(Senators Snyder and Stollings, original sponsors)
[Passed April 11, 2013; in effect ninety days from passage.]
AN ACT to amend and reenact §4-10-8 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, relating to the schedule of departments for agency review.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That §4-10-8 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, be amended and reenacted to read as follows:
ARTICLE 10. PERFORMANCE REVIEW ACT.
§4-10-8. Schedule of departments for agency review.
(a) Each department shall make a presentation, pursuant to the provisions of this article, to the joint standing committee and the committee during the first interim meeting after the regular session of the year in which the department is to be reviewed pursuant to the schedule set forth in subsection (b) of this section.
(b) An agency review shall be performed on one or more agencies under the purview of each department at least once every seven years, as follows:
(1) 2013, the Department of Transportation;
(2) 2014, the Department of Administration;
(3) 2015, the Department of Education, including the Higher Education Policy Commission and the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education;
(4) 2016, the Department of Veterans’ Assistance and the Department of Education and the Arts;
(5) 2017, the Department of Revenue and the Department of Commerce;
(6) 2018, the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety;
(7) 2019, the Department of Health and Human Resources, including the Bureau of Senior Services; and
(8) 2020, the Department of Transportation.