WEST virginia Legislature
2016 regular session
Senate Bill 426
By Senators Cole (Mr.
President) And Kessler
(By Request of the Executive)
[Passed March 8, 2016;
in effect 90 days from passage]
AN ACT to amend and reenact §5B-2A-3 and §5B-2A-4 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, all relating to continuing Office of Coalfield Community Development within Department of Commerce; allowing Secretary of the Department of Commerce to appoint a chief; and defining a term.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That §5B-2A-3 and §5B-2A-4 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, be amended and reenacted, all to read as follows:
ARTICLE 2A. OFFICE OF COALFIELD COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.
(a) For the purpose of this article:
(1) ADepartment@ means the Department of Environmental Protection established in article one, chapter twenty-two of this code;
(2) AOffice@ means the Office of Coalfield Community Development;
(3) AOperator@ means the definition in section three, article three, chapter twenty-two of this code;
(4) ARenewable and alternative energy@ means energy produced or generated from natural or replenishable resources other than traditional fossil fuels or nuclear resources and includes, without limitation, solar energy, wind power, hydropower, geothermal energy, biomass energy, biologically derived fuels, energy produced with advanced coal technologies, coalbed methane, fuel produced by a coal gasification or liquefaction facility, synthetic gas, waste coal, tire-derived fuel, pumped storage hydroelectric power or similar energy sources; and
(5) “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Department of Commerce.
(b) Unless used in a context that clearly requires a different meaning or as otherwise defined herein, terms used in this article shall have the definitions set forth in this section.
§5B-2A-4. Office of Coalfield Community Development.
(a) The Office of Coalfield Community Development is continued within the Department of Commerce.
(b) The secretary may appoint a chief to administer the office, who serves at the will and pleasure of the secretary.